Thursday, March 21, 2013

APB: Spring

In spite of the brightly shining sun on the way to school this morning, I was scowling at the temperature in my truck that read 17 degrees.  The girls were mildly disappointed when they asked if they could wear their new Easter dresses to school today for their Easter party and I told them it was too cold.  In fact, according to Scott Sabol's long-term weather outlook on Fox 8 this morning, I am wondering if it'll even be warm enough on Easter Sunday for the dresses!  Where is spring?!?!?  It arrived yesterday, but I sure don't see it anywhere in the near future! 

I hate cold weather.  Which in Ohio puts me in a mildly bad mood from November through mid-March usually.  By then, temps reaching the 50's at least means we can be outside flying kites, riding bikes, swinging at the park or a whole host of other things that gives us fresh air and some much needed vitamin D. 

Exhibits A and B.....taken exactly 1 year ago today (March 21, 2012) at our beach:


 
 
Sliding and swinging in short sleeves and bare feet.  Now that's what I'm talking about!
 
So, Mr. Groundhog, I must say I am a little disappointed in you!  Where is the spring you promised us just 6 weeks ago?  If I hear about another winter weather advisory or significant accumulations I think I might lose it!  I think we could all use a little warm weather and sunshine.  Let me know if you find any laying around somewhere.  I'd be very grateful! 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment